"really pleased with my purchases" - L Hicks, Harrogate
"Very impressed..." - Z Streeter, Nottingham
"excellent sturdy products" - Coast Candle Co, Inverness
Let us know what you think of your Box Express experience by filling in our Feedback Form >
Find out what we are doing to help conserve valuable resources.
Read our Environmental Policy >
1. Orders may be placed online, by phone, by email or by post.
2. Orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri, except public holidays, will be processed on the same working day. Orders placed after 3pm, or on Saturday or Sunday, will be processed on the next working day Mon-Fri, except public holidays.
3. There is no minimum order value.
4. All prices are stated in pounds sterling (GBP, £) and include VAT at the standard rate of 20%, where applicable.
5. The full value of the order plus any delivery charges must be paid at the time the order is placed, otherwise there could be a delay in processing your order.
6. Payment for the order must be made in pounds sterling by using a valid credit or debit card carrying the Visa, MasterCard, Maestro (international Maestro cards will only be accepted online) or JCB insignia. If you wish to pay by cheque, BACS or other means, then please call us on 0191 212 2276 for further information. Please note that such methods of payment could result in a delay in the processing and delivery of your order.
7. Your order will be accepted and a contract will deem to exist between you, the customer, and BOX express at the time of dispatch of the goods.
8. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information and guidance that is provided for each product. However, your reliance on such information is entirely at your own risk and we will not be held liable for any omissions, inaccuracies or errors in relation to product information.
9. Packaging materials that are sold in rolled format, e.g. Bubble Wrap, may be supplied either as one large roll or as multiple smaller rolls to make up the ordered quantity, depending on stock availability, unless requested otherwise at the time of placing the order.
10. We reserve the right to change product specifications and prices at any time without prior notice.
11. All sizes given are approximate and are subject to a +/- 5% tolerance.
12. All props used to demonstrate product usage are not included with the products.
13. (a) Promotional codes can only be used as part payment towards purchasing goods or services advertised on the BOX express website in accordance with the terms of the offer; they cannot be used when placing an order for customised goods or those not advertised on the website.
(b) Customers wishing to use a promotional code must do so at the time of placing the order. Promotional code offers will not be granted retrospectively after an order has been placed.
(c) The promotional code offers only apply to the value of goods ordered and exclude any delivery charge where applicable.
(d) 'Free delivery' promotional offers relate only to the Standard Delivery option to mainland UK excluding the Highlands of Scotland; they do not include Next Day Delivery or other premium delivery options.
(e) Only one promotional code can be used per order. Customers are not permitted to use the same promotional code more than once.
(f) Promotional codes without an expiry date may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
(g) Where applicable, the delivery option must be selected based on the value of goods to be ordered after any promotional code offer has been applied.
(h) Promotional code vouchers must not be copied, defaced or distributed outside the terms of the offer, otherwise they will be invalidated. Vouchers have no alternative cash value.
(i) Free items are offered while stocks last.
14. Although we aim to hold sufficient stock across all products to meet customer requirements, some items may become out of stock temporarily or be discontinued. We will endeavour to keep product availability information up to date, but we will not be held liable if customer requirements cannot be met due to stock shortages.
15. If you order any out of stock items, then it may take up to 7 working days for your order to be delivered. We reserve the right to dispatch the whole order at the same time, once any out of stock items you have ordered become available again. In such cases, you will be contacted with an estimated delivery date.
16. Substitute products will not be sent in lieu of any ordered items that are out of stock. However, you may order an alternative product(s) as normal and this will be processed in the usual way.
17. We offer a number of different delivery options for the UK as stated on the Delivery page, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Although every effort will be made to meet your requirements, delivery dates and times cannot be guaranteed.
18. Goods will normally be delivered between 9am and 5.30pm Mon-Fri.
19. We will not be held liable for any delivery that is delayed as a result of circumstances beyond our control, and no refund will be payable in lieu of the delivery charge paid at the time of placing the order.
20. All cardboard boxes will normally be dispatched flat-packed and will require to be assembled before they can be used. We reserve the right to supply products, e.g. storage or postal boxes, pre-assembled depending on what combination of goods has been ordered, in order to minimize any risk of damage to them during transit.
21. The heavy and bulky nature of cardboard boxes, especially when flat-packed together, may result in some pressed corners, scuff marks, scratches or creases appearing on them ("markings") when handled during dispatch and delivery. Such markings should not affect the usage of the product(s) in question and therefore will not constitute damage to the goods being delivered and no refunds will be made on such basis. However, if the level of markings on a product is such that it cannot be used for its intended purpose, then please refer to our Returns policy below.
22. All goods must be signed for on delivery, except when left in a secure area at the customer's request, otherwise they will not be delivered. You may appoint a neighbour, at the time of placing the order, to sign for and accept the goods on your behalf entirely at your own risk.
23. Only one delivery attempt will be made per order. Any further delivery attempts will incur an additional charge of £7.50 (inc. VAT) per attempt. If the goods have not been collected or arranged to be delivered within 5 days from the date of the first delivery attempt, then your order will be cancelled. The delivery charge paid at the time of placing the order will not be refunded, and you will be charged an additional amount equivalent to the original delivery charge paid plus £18.00 (inc. VAT) for the return of goods to BOX express.
24. Any toll or congestion charge(s) incurred by BOX express during each delivery attempt will be charged to you and will be in addition to whichever delivery option you have selected.
25. Goods will not be dispatched or delivered to PO Box addresses.
26. Goods that are received damaged must be clearly marked on the Proof of Delivery when they are accepted and signed for, otherwise we will not be able to accept any claim or issue a refund for damaged goods. Please call us on 0191 212 2276 within 2 working days, so that a collection of the damaged goods can be arranged, and replacement goods dispatched or a refund organized according to your preference.
27. If you wish to return goods for any other reason, then you must notify us within 10 days of receiving your order. You must call us on 0191 212 2276 or complete our Online Form, and further instructions will be given to you.
28. Returned goods must be unused and in their original condition and packaging for a full refund to be made, otherwise a charge may be applied. Delivery charges will not be refunded, except in the case of damaged or faulty goods affecting the whole order.
29. You may make your own arrangements for returning goods to us by either appointing a courier or using the postal service; you must notify us accordingly and obtain proof of posting. Alternatively, we can arrange for the collection of the goods to be returned, but you must bear the cost of returning them to us, except in the case of damaged or faulty goods. You will be notified of the cost involved prior to collection and, if acceptable, the amount will be deducted from any refund payable.
30. Any refunds payable will be issued within 30 days from the date of notification of returns, provided that the returned goods have been satisfactorily received and checked. In cases where returned goods have not been received by us, proof of posting will be required before refunds can be issued.
31. If you wish to cancel your order, then you must notify us as soon as possible after it has been placed. If at the time of receiving your notice of cancellation, your order has not been dispatched, then your order will be cancelled and a full refund issued. If your order has been dispatched, then our Returns policy above will apply.
32. When providing personal information to BOX express by any means for any purpose, it must be your own true, accurate and up-to-date details only.
33. Your personal information will only be used for processing your order and providing you with an after-sales customer care service. Processing your order will involve passing relevant information to (a) Sage Pay and to Barclaycard Merchant Services for the purposes of taking payment for your order or issuing a refund; and (b) the appointed courier(s) for delivering your order. By placing an order with BOX express, you agree to your personal information being used in this way.
34. All payment information submitted online through the BOX express website will be encrypted for your safety using the SSL 256 bit encryption code - as recommended by the banking industry for secure online transactions.
35. You must not attempt to access the ‘My Account' details of any other user. You will be responsible for all the activities that occur on or through your ‘My Account' and it will be your responsibility to ensure that your password is kept safe and secure at all times.
37. By using the BOX express website, you agree not to transmit through the website any spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email. You further agree not to upload, post or transmit on or through the BOX express website any content or information that is inaccurate, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, unlawful or likely to cause offence.
38. BOX express does not accept any responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Any hyperlinks, website addresses or telephone numbers of third party organizations are only provided for your convenience and are not to be construed as an endorsement of their respective products and/or services.
39. The ‘BOX express' logo and name is a trade mark of BOX express. The entire website content, including product information and images, is subject to copyright and is provided for your personal non-commercial use only.
40. Your statutory rights are not affected.
E. & O.E.
P.O. Box 177
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE7 7XD, UK
Tel: +44 (0)191 212 2276
Email: Online Form
VAT Reg. No. GB 755 9987 51
© Box Express 2005-12
Sales & Customer Services: 0800 587 6505 | General Enquiries: 0191 212 2276 | Opening Times: Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm | Contact Us: Online Form